Monday, September 16, 2013

Trimester One, Baby Two


First trimester, done!  Twenty-eight weeks to go.  And I’m feeling…

Better.  I feel like I am slowly climbing out of this hole that I have been in for the last eight or so weeks:  The migraines are just headaches, the dizziness has slowed, and the nausea/dry-heaving has stopped.  I kind of feel human again.

 12 Week Baby Bump

As for baby, s/he is doing great!  Our 12-week check up showed that baby is developing just fine.  We even got to hear baby’s heartbeat-- The best sound any expecting parent will hear is the sound of their baby’s heartbeat!  That’s a fact.  Also pretty amazing, Ella got to help the technician (again!) find the baby’s heartbeat… and rub jelly all over Mommy’s belly.  The simple joys in life.

The appointment really put things into perspective for me.  Sure I may not be feeling the best lately, but who cares?  It’s a really small sacrifice for such a wonderful blessing.  I can’t take back all the whining that I’ve been doing lately.  I can’t even promise that there will be no more whining in the future [Sorry Ryan, not likely], but I can promise to remind myself of what a miracle this entire experience is.  Hopefully that reminder will limit the whiney-little-girl-syndrome that I have had lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment