Friday, September 13, 2013

Our Love Story: Ten Years in the Making


This month we celebrate our four-year wedding anniversary and also the ten-year anniversary of the beginning-- The beginning of “Our Little Love Story”.  So in honor of this month, I thought I would share our story.

“First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage”

That pretty much sums it up, almost… Only our story started off just a little different:  First came friendship.  This is something that I <3 about our relationship-- Before all else, we were friends.  We had a foundation, a starting point.  Something solid to build on.

We were twelve years old.  Little did I know that I would be meeting my future husband in seventh grade Science.  Our love story didn’t start there though.  It took a few years, but ironically enough, it was again in Science class (Mr. People’s class to be exact) where our love story starts.  And the first ten years go a little something like this:

10 Years Ago ··· Boy sits next to girl in class.  Boy and girl do homework.  Together.
Boy asks girl, “Will you be my girlfriend?”  Girl says, “Yes”.

9 Years Ago ··· Boy and girl dance at Senior prom then they graduate.  Together.

Boy and girl grow into young adults.  Together.

5 Years Ago ··· Boy asks girl, “Will you marry me?”  Girl says, “Yes”.

4 Years Ago ··· Boy and girl marry.  They buy a house.  Together.

1 Year Ago (Almost 2) ··· Boy and girl start a family.  Together.

Our Family, 2012

It’s a simple story, but it’s all ours.  It’s the story that we get to share with our children.  It’s the story that tucks us in at night.  It’s a story I’m really proud to tell.  From something as simple as doing Science homework to as big as sharing life’s milestones, we have done it together.  He’s always been by my side.

Senior Prom, 2005  ···   Nevada City Vacation, 2009

I couldn’t be prouder to call him my Husband, the father of my children, and my best friend.  He’s one special guy and I’m lucky to call him my own.

My Husband, Father of My Children and Best Friend

I may not know how the next chapters of our story will read, but I do know that it will all be…

... Together.

Happy Anniversary, Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment