Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eighteen Weeks, Little Sister Sophie


Well, I’m about half way through my second trimester… and just about at the half way point of this pregnancy (give or take a couple weeks).  I can hardly believe it.  The second pregnancy really does go by faster… much faster!

I realize I have a little catching up to do on my blog, but as most of you already know, we’re having another little girl.

Bows, and ribbons, and pink, oh my.  Ella is going to have a little sister.

We were lucky enough to find out gender a few weeks ago, and have “Girl” confirmed today.  Big sister Ella was so excited to see her little sister Sophie on the big monitor in the ultrasound room.  She pointed and she giggled, and Mommy and Daddy soaked it all in.  It was such a great family-of-four moment.

Little Sister Sophie at 18-Weeks

As for my pregnancy, I am doing much-much better and feeling pretty good.  I’m eating… a lot and my bump is growing… a lot.  [Hmm, I wonder if there’s any correlation there.  Nah!]  Speaking of food and eating though, I have had a few cravings.  The one craving that seems to be sticking is anything citrus-y-- I have current obsession with anything lemon and also grapefruit with salt.

16-Week Baby Bump

I know that Little Sister Sophie will be here before we know it.  And while I am beyond excited for her arrival, I am also going to try and really soak in all that the next few months has in store for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment